Monday, August 17, 2009

Last Week in Morgantown

I have less than a week left in Morgantown, and reality is slowing setting in. I don't know that I'm excited to leave- more apprehensive. And sad. It's hard to leave when my friends are just piling in from vacation and I have my first real conversation with the man from Chico's I've had a huge crush on all summer (his looks are exquisite). But I'm going, kicking and screaming, to frigid cold Slovakia, and all I can do is stay somewhat detached. When I give formal goodbyes I miss the place too much- and I'm big on ceremony. I've heard over and over again that this is the adventure of a lifetime. I hope not. I want this to be the adventure that launched the adventure(s) of a lifetime. I don't want this to be the best year of my life; just an interesting one.

I have a friend there already, but he's leaving three weeks after I arrive. I'm hoping to go hiking with him before he leaves though (in some ways Roznava is not unlike Morgantown). We'll see how that goes. It's nice to have a friend already there waiting for me, however fleeting.

For now though, I'm going to enjoy Morgantown, realize the love for it I've kept locked up behind teenage angst and chem tests.

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment