Thursday, April 22, 2010

Alright, now for a more positive blog--
every time i move to a new family, i have an internal meltdown. the last time it was much more obvious- i cried for three days, shut myself up in my room, etc. this time it was more subdued. its not because i dont like my new families- i always end up not wanting to move. but i am removed from the people i'm closest to, where i've found comfort, the rules i'm used to, etc. and then i start feeling lonely and homesick and start to think that theres nothing really here for me. its a difficult transition. although i must say that this time its been mostly pretty easy. i havent had any problems yet, and ive spent a lot of time with my host brother (although hes leaving for college again tomorrow). i went out with classmates and actually had a really good time, and school has been fine. my usual group of friends is getting a little boring, so i'm trying to branch out a little- i actually hang out with teachers a lot, which im sure makes me look like a teachers pet, but it is a pretty good time.
going to italy and greece in a week!! really excited. and i get to see amy! it should be a great time, although my two best friends wont be there- one because she didnt have the money, and the second because he got sent home. he didnt break any rules, just didnt learn the language and there was friction with his family. not really helping my ongoing frustration with rotary! but nothing you can do about it now.
weird that the year is wrapping up.. im going home June 18th, and will be gone for three weeks with rotary. really not a lot of time left. im really not sure how best to spend my time or what to do. im excited to have my birthday here-- not sure what to expect for that. annnd i finished Harry Potter a Tajomna Komnata (chamber of secrets) today! a whole book in slovak, 358 pages. i feel so accomplished. ok, not much else to write. except that finally the sun is coming out! slovakia is really meant for the summer. drives through the country are really breathtaking, particularly in the warmer seasons. the nature here is not easily matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment